1. Prepare the vegetables keeping them very small
2. Finely slice the chicken.
3. Place the noodles in a bowl, cover with just boiled water, place a plate on top and leave for 5 minutes.
4. In another bowl, add the teaspoon of sesame oil, all the vegetables, chicken, chilli powder, stock cube and 1/2 a mug of just-boiled water.
5. Drain the noodles, transfer them to a bowl and add the vegetable and chicken mix.
6. Stir well.
Tip: We used sesame oil for added flavour, but vegetable oil would be fine too.
• To download the What’s In Your Kitchen recipe booklet and view all videos, go to www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/whatsinyourkitchen