1. In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat the oil and then colour the beef all over for two to three minutes.
2. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the vegetables and let them sweat for two to three minutes.
4. Then place the beef back on top and cover with the stock and cook slowly for two to three hours, until the beef is tender.
5. In a heavy-bottomed pan, add the oil and fry the mince until brown and crispy.
6. Add the onion and cook for two to three minutes.
7. Season with salt and pepper, then add the braised beef, potatoes and stock and simmer for 30 minutes, until the potatoes feel soft and have absorbed all the stock.