1. Begin by heating up a dry non-stick pan and placing four pineapple slices in, allow to caramelise on both sides. This should take about three minutes per side.
2. Slice spam into eight slices. In a non-stick pan, heat up the oil and gently fry off the spam until it’s golden and a bit crispy.
3. In a bowl whisk together the honey, and soy. Add to the pan with the crispy spam and allow to absorb and caramelise a little. Remove from the heat.
4. Heat the bao buns for about 5 minutes in a steamer basket until soft and fluffy, alternatively use your microwave.
5. Assemble Bao Buns with spam, pineapple and any extra soy honey glaze. Add pickled cucumber and some mayo (we like Kewpie) for each bao bun.