1. Saute onions, garlic, leeks in butter with a dash of oil.
2. Add potatoes and the stock, plus a splash of extra water if needed to cover everything.
3. Bring to a boil and add the chicken legs. Simmer for 40 mins.
4. Remove the chicken and allow it to cool slightly before shredding the meat and adding it back into the soup.
5. Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan or in the oven. Watch to make sure they don’t burn!
6. Add the almonds, dulse, horseradish and cream. Season with pepper to taste.
7. Leave the soup to cool and sit for a few hours (ideally overnight). This allow the flavours to meld.
8. Stir the kale through the soup once reheated, just before you eat it.
Celtic Kelpie is a gentle soup, mild and creamy but savoury from the seaweed.
And if you like this recipe, why not consider backing the Union of Genius Kickstarter campaign?