- In a large pan, bring the vegetable stock to the boil. In a separate, heavy-bottomed pan, add 50g of butter and the herbs and gently sweat down the onions and saffron for 3-4 minutes, without colouring the onions.
- Add the rice and warm through for 30 seconds before adding the white wine. Reduce until dry. Now slowly ladle in the stock, adding more as needed. Cook for 15-17 minutes until the rice is al dente
- but not completely cooked. Then add the remaining 50g butter and grated cheese and garnish with shellfish before serving.
To make the stuffing
- Finely chop all the vegetables for the stuffing and add the chopped garlic and thyme. Sauté gently in olive oil until cooked and set aside.
To prepare the courgette flowers
- Pull back the outer petals and gently remove the stigma, making sure not to tear or separate any petals. Fill a piping bag with the stuffing and pipe it right into the centre of each flower, twisting at the end to close the flower.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the stuffed flowers. Add the chicken stock and cook for 8 minutes, adding more stock if needed.