- Roughly chop all the vegetables then saute the onion, potatoes, garlic and leeks in oil and butter for 5 minutes until they are sweating nicely.
- Stir in the courgettes. Give them a few hearty stirs then add in the stock, milk and chilli flakes.
- Bring it back to the boil then simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach and stir in vigorously. When it’s melted, blend the soup fully. We suggest using a cup blender for this as it will give you a silkier consistency than an immersion blender.
- Once smooth, add the dill weed and cream. Season it with a generous grinding of pepper and serve immediately.
The Big Green should be juicy and a luscious green colour. The chilli should not be noticeably hot, as it’s only there to deepen the flavour. Dill adds fragrance but should not be overpowering.
If you like this recipe, why not consider backing the Union of Genius Kickstarter campaign?