1. Mix the potato, mustard, lemon juice and zest, herbs and seasoning.
2. On a baking sheet, season the salmon with salt and pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes until just cooked. Allow to cool, remove skin and break into large flakes.
3. Mix the salmon into the potato mixture, taking care not to let the flakes break up too much. Form into four equally sized round patties.
4. Put the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into three separate plates. Dip the patties into the flour (dusting off any excess), then dip in the egg, and then the breadcrumb to coat all over.
6. Fry the fish cakes in the sunflower oil over a medium heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side until the breadcrumbs are golden and the fish cakes are cooked through.
7. Serve the fish cakes with a sprinkling of lemon zest. We suggest cooked green beans and cherry tomatoes as a side.
Tip: We’ve used green beans and cherry tomatoes but any fresh or frozen vegetables will make a tasty accompaniment. If you don’t have sunflower oil just use olive or vegetable oil.
• To download the What’s In Your Kitchen recipe booklet and view all videos, go to www.zerowastescotland.org.uk/whatsinyourkitchen