For the Pesto Dressing
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C (fan)
2. Deseed Bell Peppers and Slice into large sections.
3. Place skin side down on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
Place in oven until peppers are soft to touch and skins start to blacken where
touching the baking sheet.
4. Toast pine nuts gently in skillet/frying pan on medium heat.
5. Put garlic, basil, roasted peppers & pine nuts in a food processor and blitz together adding olive oil until a smooth consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the Baked Trout
1. Clean trout and remove innards
2. Mince Garlic gloves and basil leaves and mix together. Stuff cavity of trout with the mixture.
3. Baste with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap in tin foil and bake in
oven at 200C/180C (fan) for 15 mins until cooked through.
4. Trim ends of asparagus and broccoli and blanch in boiling salted water until tender.
5. Boil new potatoes in salted water for 5 – 8 minutes until fork tender. Drain and coat in garlic butter
6. Roast cherry tomatoes under a grill on high heat for 3 – 5 mins until skins start to
7. Carefully unwrap trout and plate with vegetables before drizzling with pesto.
• For this recipe, and more like it, head to www.silverwoodlodges.co.uk